Sunday, January 13, 2008

Knife Video

I guess a bit of living in a house full of men has rubbed off on me. I got the best Christmas gift I could ever imagine. I got a knife. Not just an ordinary knife, it was a knife I've been longing to clutch in my hand for a very long time. A Santuko knife. I've had my eye on a Santuko knife for years and at last I have a really nifty one...a Santuko knife from Cutco. Yeah, it's sweet. I love watching the FoodNetwork and noticed this knife on several cooking programs. I feel like Rachael Ray and the Iron Chef!  My knife has fast become my favorite kitchen tool. Its full tang, triple rivet construction, dishwasher safe, highly engineered thermo-resin material, the list goes on and one. These are just some of the reasons I'm smitten with my Christmas present. 

It might be like Ralphie on A Christmas Story who longed for a Red Rider b-b gun only I think the worst thing that could happen to me is I could lose a finger or something. Hey, I've got ten of them, just in case! My eyes should be ok though. Using this knife requires some skill and attention, it is seriously sharp. The first time I used it, I was freaked out by how smoothly it sliced through things. 

My wacky OS Nathan created this video of me using my Cutco knife. In case you notice, I'm not wearing a wedding ring. I'm immensely happily married, especially since my husband is the one who bought me the knife. I just don't like to wear my rings when cooking, the water makes my rings feel slimy. Just something special about me, I guess.

At Christmas I motioned my mom into the kitchen just so she could watch me use my knife. She was overwhelmed to say the least. I also was gracious enough to allow my sister a complimentary slice. I'm sure she'll be calling me soon for another visit. 


10 comments:

Denise said...

Hi there. Yes, your knife is all that! Is there a link to the video?

Denise said...

Move over Rachael Ray! You could be the Santuko (spelling?) Sista! That made me laugh out loud! I need to get Nate to make me a video. That was soooo funny!!

Anonymous said...

Watch it kid... you'll cut your eye out with that thing. How does that thing make the cucumber go back together. That really is amazing.

Wendy said...

OKay I am sooo glad you are now on blogger. Not that I didn't read you before, but I will read you now even more! :) And, I have a stupid mac, and can't figure out to play this funny video. I so wanted to see it!

Anonymous said...

That video is awe-inspiring! Maybe if I get a knife like that I'd want to cook more. My family would be sooo happy. What do you think?

Amy

Janice said...

Wow! I want a knife like tha too! Very cool!

Nancy said...

Wow a knife and you can dance with it? That's what I call CUTTING EDGE!

Lorri

Denise Travis said...

I can see it now....your very own spot on the food network! we'll have to come up with a fancy title for it. Love the new blog!! We actually got my Dad the type of knife the Dinner Impossible guy uses. He left it here so that he wouldn't have to check his bag on the plane. I'm not sure I'll send it home. Enjoy your new knife!

Unknown said...

Tu ressembles à un chef japonais , impressionnant , mais nous les mecs on a peur quand on voit une femme avec un couteau

Wendy said...

I finally got to watch the long awaited knife video. All I have to say is if I danced like that, I would have tripped and stabbed some body part with that!! Who taught you to move like that girl???