Saturday, July 12, 2008

Five Piece Puzzle, Sort Of




For years now we have called ourselves the "five piece puzzle." We have said that there are only five people in the entire world with our last name (which for confidentiality reasons, I'm not using here). We are surely not saying we are better than any other person in the world, but we've always wanted our OSs (olive shoots) to feel special, that being a member of this family is a blessing.

Now that our oldest OS is off at West Point, doing West Point-y kind of things, we are establishing new patterns. On Thursday we went to a local soccer game. It was sad getting only four tickets for the game but nice to do something fun.  We scrambled out the door, I grabbed the camera and then I 
picked up one more thing. I got a picture of Nate and brought him along to the game, sort of. I placed the small picture frame into my United States Military Academy Bag (of course.)

We arrived at the soccer center and took Nate out of the bag.  As usual Nathan was fun to have around. I mean we seriously had a great time with him. The people around us probably thought we were a bunch of goofballs and I secretly wanted someone to ask me what we were doing, but alas, no one did. Shucks. But we had a blast. Correction, Mark and I had a blast pretending Nate was by our side.

I took pictures of Aaron and Nate in random poses...the contemplative, model-like shots were among my faves. 

Sometimes our oldest OS can be a little fussy so boy oh boy, were we surprised when Nathan actually wanted to get a picture with the team mascot Soar. Soar was pretty excited about it too. I think they might be BFF

Nate even sat on his dad's lap which is something he hasn't wanted to do for ages! As you will see, we all had a five piece puzzle type of night. 

There is a movie, Lars and the Real Girl, I want to recommend which my husband and I loved. It's a little strange but very endearing. It is not inappropriate, I don't think there were any swear words or nasty stuff although the original premise might sound suspicious, check it out! 

Don't worry about me, I am not delusional, I am in touch with reality, aware of my surroundings and such. I'm just a mom who misses her boy and thinks sometimes laughter is easier than tears


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sometimes laughter IS better than tears, and Tim and I are thankful for this post. Nate and Soar gave us a much needed laugh out loud.